Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thailand in a nutshell

One of the best things about going on the trip was making new friends. Enough said.

It was great to be in a culture and society that is so closely connected to the ocean. Long boat rides proved very relaxing and very scenic, both attributes I greatly appreciated


Learning in the field, in rain, in mud, in sea water, makes the experiences that much more enjoyable and that much more memorable.

I was intrigued that the influence of western culture was most apparent in the multitude of jet seep ets.



Food embodies culture, not that fried meal worms is iconic Thai food, but I really stepped out of my comfort zone snacking on one of these puppies (especially considering my serious worm phobia) all in the name of a one of a kind Thai experience (or better said, Bangkok experience)


--Michelle Honda


No comments:

Post a Comment